Saturday, November 10, 2012

A day in the life...

Hardest part of my day (other than getting out of bed at the ass-crack of dawn):
Seeing this in my rear-rear-view mirror
Seriously, the mirror that attaches on the "big people" rear seat so you can see in your rear-facing carseat from your rear-view mirror is genius!!  I love it.  It lets me multitask drive safely and see what she's up to at the same time.  Her tricked-out carseat is pretty awesome, too.  It's one of those convertible ones that she can use until she's old enough to drive herself around.  Seriously.  It goes from infant, to less-infant, to front-facing, to seat-belt-positioning-booster-seat.  It even has armrests and a cup holder.  A cup holder, people!  And, it's side-crash rated, which makes me happy.  Only downside is that you can't take it out easily.  But, seeing as I baby-wear (more on that later, I suppose), no biggie there.  Baby-wearing is the best.  It keeps nosy people out of her bubble.  Anyway, moving on.

Best part of my day:
Seeing this in my rear-rear-view mirror!

I love her daycare, it just sucks having to drop her off every day.  I wish I could be a part-time stay-at-home mommy.  (Why part-time? Because, let's face it, me + full-time stay at home mommy....you'd be peeling me off the ceiling)  Every afternoon when I go to pick her up, she greets me with a big smile and as close to a hug as she's capable of now.  And I squeeze her right back.  Then, it's to the car for her long nap as we head home to dad.  I always feel bad if I'm running late, or on my early days, 'cause it goofs up her nap a bit.  And this daylight savings nonsense isn't helping one little bit.  But, she's awesome, and naps like a champ.  Then we get wiggle time at home, a bath if it's bath night, then jammies and bed.  One day we'll all be on the same side of the mountain for an appreciable amount of time.  In the meantime, we do this at night:
Baby mohawk!!
And, I'm going to need someone to explain to me how on earth this is a comfortable sleeping position (though she does get points for camouflage):

No comments:

Post a Comment