Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Applesauce, part 2

As promised, here is the video of trial #1 of applesauce.  If you notice, it's uncut for the first try.  We tried applesauce plus milk, which was no better.  However, what we've found is a spoon barely dipped in applesauce, and then handed to her is semi better.  She'll make faces, but will ingest some.  The faces are funny.  She does like her high chair, and the high chair at my aunts.
Spoon plus applesauce, given by me
She likes her spoon

We've been trying a few times, but when she says she's had enough of the applesauce-flavored spoon, we let her play with it un-flavored so she (hopefully) won't develop a hatred for the spoon.  We'll be trying mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving, so at that point we can see if there is a preference, or if she just pretty much universally hates the texture of mushy food.  I think we'll stick with letting her control the spoon, though.  Gives it the greatest chance of success.

 Yummy spoon!

 You flavored this with what?

I don't want my applesauce, but that hamburger looks yummy!

Now that torture has passed (don't wanna talk about it, let's just say I'll be retesting in January...ugh), I have been catching up on all my arts-and-crafts I've been wanting to make.  I made my niece a headband.  It was supposed to be a birthday present, but my stupid test got in the way of that.  I've also gotten caught up on my "to-make" hats list.  I've got a few more I've got my eye on yet, but they'll come in time.  I think the owl hat may be my favorite yet.  But, stay tuned for pictures of two (I hope) that I'll have for Thanksgiving.  They're up there on the favorites list.

You have my toy.  I want it.

Better view of the hat.

=4
=-8km=\
'==ppg m    /74 ['
j jmh
Sophia would like to say hi to her fans.

Just ask bonus sister the elder: Sophia is enthralled by my keyboard.  And, unfortunately knows how to pull off my keys.  Ugh.  Anyhow, when we have skype dates and Sophia is on my lap, she is constantly going for the keyboard.  And sending some interesting things to bonus sister.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment