Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sophia antics

Sophia has long made it known that she prefers sleeping on her belly.  I still put her down on her back (you're supposed to, risk of SIDS, blah, blah, blah).  Not to mention I feed her right before bed, and ever tried putting a mostly-asleep child down on their belly without waking them?  Yeah, doesn't work.  Anyway, ever since she could roll, she has.  I put her down, and, poof! on her belly fast asleep.  However, she sleeps in some....interesting poses.  Case in point:

Can someone please tell me how this is comfortable?!

Also, she has become increasingly mobile.  As she is currently sick (related, I promise!) with her first ear infection, she is still her very cheerful self, just a bit clingier.  Her nana wanted to hold her Sunday while I ate breakfast (she makes breakfast before church every Sunday...yum!).  Sophia, however, had other ideas.  She decided the fish were not at all entertaining, though she normally loves them, and crawled back over to me.  Through the living room and partly through the kitchen.  She can be slowed down by pants still, as crawling on wood floors with slick knees is still difficult for one without a developed set of core muscles, but she's getting the hang of it.  And, for some reason, loves playing with plastic bags.  The sound, I suppose?  So, don't even think of leaving a plastic bag on the floor of her room...she will become fixated on it and hell-bent on getting to it.  She has also entered a "climbing" phase...she climbs me, tries to climb the dog (dog is less than amused), climbs the tupperware holding her too-small clothes (don't want to talk about it, I'm still grieving).  The slight monkey theme seems to have been the wise choice....

No comments:

Post a Comment