Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year!!

Our New Years was pretty low key: hanging out at bonus family's house, making dinner and a pinterest dessert recipe, and playing cards.  We went over around lunch time to go grocery shopping for dinner and our pinterest dessert.  We made cannoli cups (on my pinterest board if you're interested) that turned out pretty good.  It used pie dough rather than making the crust, which made it a bit sweeter, but they get a "put in the do-again-folder" vote.  The other dessert was sopapilla, which may be one of my favorite desserts ever.

Cannoli cup (photo credit B)

Supper was roast chicken made by bonus sister the first (YUM!) and a spinach/pasta/garlic dish made by yours truly.  It came together well, and Sophia tried a spaghetti noodle.  She wasn't too sure what to make of it, but slobbered on ate some bread.  She was also loving crawling laps around the house and playing with the really cool pull-up roll-y toy that her bonus grammy got her.  Bonus sister's dog also enthralled her, and Sophia terrorized Saphira (dog) by chasing her around and pulling on her face.  Poor Saphira.  She never asked for that....

Sophia and Saphira (photo credit: B)

Sophia was put to bed in the apartment, and was pretty good.  She woke up around 10 saying that she didn't much want to stay asleep, but was persuaded to stay down so the adults could play spades/rummy/ERS/BS.


Sophia sleeping happily (finally!) on a pillow in the apartment

 There was minimal alcohol involved, which is how I like it.  I tried a new wine, and it was pretty good!  I normally don't like wines, they don't taste good to me.  But, this also gets the "we-may-buy-this-again" vote.

Yummy wine (Awesome photo credit: B)

I hope everybody had a happy and safe New Year's eve celebration (if you celebrated) and that your 2013 is everything you hope it will be.  I think my only resolution  is to be the best me I can be.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment