Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Coming up for a quick breath of air....

....before diving back into lab.  Because I thought it would be a great idea to run three lifespans.  At once.  Each one containing 4 strains of worms on two types of bacteria.  Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that equals 8 stacks of 8 plates with 15 worms per plate per life span.  Or, 960 worms per lifespan.  Each of which needs to be transferred every other day.  Except my wonderful mutants...they can last a whole 3 days!  They're my new favorites!
Stacks and stacks and stacks of plates.....

Sophia and I ran errands this past weekend: evidently the cats like to eat.  And, Priss has been chewing up Sophia's rubber-esq toys (pacifier that she doesn't use but chews on, snot sucker, etc), so I decided to get her a Kong-type toy so she'd leave the baby items alone.  My shopping helper likes to hold the littler things so she feels involved, so I let her hold the Kong I found (specifically for chewing, too!).  

This is great!  Can I have it?

I figure since it's baby approved, Priss will LOVE it.  :)  We also went to Home Depot where I got materials for a busy board I want to make (another Pinterest steal, and a post for another day).  However, there was a diaper that needed to be changed (not mine this time), so that's what we did first.  And, let me tell you, never expected to find my favoritest changing table ever in the bathroom of a hardware store.  But I did.  It had diaper bag hookers ON the changing table!!!

Best. Idea. EVER!

Pretty awesome if you ask me.  I will definitely be remembering this for future diaper-changing excursions.  Sophia has also been branching out in her food tastes, and has decided that anything I am eating, she needs RIGHT NOW!  When provided with said food (if it's safe/baby friendly), it immediately goes for a taste-test.  More often then not, she's liking what she tastes.  Which is pretty cool.  I didn't expect her to like this one, though....

Haha...got your piece of summer sausage....(oh, the ways that statement could be taken incorrectly....)

Omnomnom

That's right...the child that refuses baby food likes summer sausage.  Crazy little girl.  I also have less than 24 hours to decide what to make for her first valentines day.  I have some ideas, but it's the time factor that's got me worried at this point.  We'll see when she actually gets her present... :)  

Now, back to my worms.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post :) that diaper chandler is amazing....I usually hook mine on the back of the stall door and dry to get our everything I might need which sucks. Also...smart girl....summer sausage is delish :)

    Ps:please do a post on your activity board project!!! I'm sure Hud will need one eventually too :)

    ReplyDelete