Saturday, February 23, 2013

Playing outside and other activities

I would like to start out by saying I love Saturdays.  I don't have to drive on Saturdays (well, a little bit, but well under an hour!!).  I get to hang out with Sophia all morning (though I wish she'd sleep in past 6:30!), and, we get to take two, sometimes three naps together.  I bring her to our bed, line up the pillows on the other side of her, snuggle up, and we sleep.  It's pretty much the best thing ever.  This Saturday, we played, experienced some solid food, played, napped, and, since it was nice, went outside.  Sophia isn't too sure what she thinks of this outside business.
Remodeling her floor.  The W evidently does not belong there.

Snack break!  It's a banana wheel.

Hmm....W or wheel.....

Taking a break from remodeling to stand.  Yes, the wheel is still in her left hand.  She's a traveling snacker.

She still does surprisingly well with hand-held foods.  I shared a bit of my taquito with her again today, and she sucked that thing down.  Last night, she ate almost an entire yuca from A&T's (seriously you guys, best place EVER!).  I'm going to try tonight to make similar-shaped things from potatoes.  I'll fill you in later.  However, approach her with anything on a spoon, and you can almost guarantee it's a no-go.  I did have her voluntarily open her mouth once.  And then she figured out there was food on the spoon.  I have tried giving her the spoon with food on it.  But my stubborn-headed, too-intelligent, takes-after-her-mom child took the spoon and then scraped off the food before putting it in her mouth!!!!  Seriously?!  Quit being so darn smart.  I am supposed to be able to outsmart you for at least a few more months.  This is not looking good.  I have started sending some spoon-able food to daycare again, with instructions that if she doesn't want it, don't force it.  And, so far, she hasn't really wanted it.  The flavor last week (and this week, more than likely) is a carrot and pear puree.
We have happy carrots!

I was telling bonus sister the first about this, and the reason for trying spoons again: fruits and veggies are good for you, and awfully hard to make finger-foodable with out also making them choke-able.  And then she had a brilliant idea:  put the fruits and veggies into BREAD!!  So friggin' smart!  After my test from hell (I don't really want to talk about that), you best believe I'm doing some baking.  

We played outside today, too.  Or, rather, tried to.  Sophia is very unsure about this whole "outside" nonsense.  The grass is awfully poky, it's very open, and....it's just weird, okay?!
She would stand and hold on to my legs

Holding on VERYTIGHT!

I did manage to persuade her to sit down to play with leaves and sticks and stuff.  She complied, but kept a hand on me.  In case I, you know, was planning on running off or something.

Very interesting pine needle here.  But, leaning up against mom just to be safe.  Those daylight boogie men can be veeeeery sneaky.

She'll like it eventually (I hope!).  Until then, we will have veryclosebonding outside excursions.  Or, excursions with her being held/being pushed in her nifty new jogging stroller.


1 comment:

  1. I love tht in that one picture, she has her toe pointed :) maybe we ARE related after all :)

    ReplyDelete