Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tough Mudder

Jordan and I did a Tough Mudder this weekend (toughmudder.com if you're interested in what we did), and Sophia got to hang out with Nana and Poppop all day.  I can easily say that was the hardest challenge I've done, and the coldest I've been in a very, very long time, perhaps ever.  But, I loved being able to complete it with Jordan, and wouldn't have it any other way.  We did all 12 miles, and the majority of the obstacles (I did 20 of 22, Jordan did 16.5 of 22 on a sprained ankle....pretty darn impressive if you ask me).  I was proud of the obstacles I did complete, having conquered some fears, and next time I will hopefully not be as close to hypothermia and will be able to complete all the obstacles.

Post-race

Post-race (yes, he has pants on, they're just covered up by the foil blanket thing)

We decided we needed at least one picture, but as these are post-race and we're freezing, the only thing we're thinking is "hurry up and take the )%#*#& picture so I can get out of my wet, muddy clothes and into the nice warm car."  We've got a few more fun races slated for this summer, and we'll be doing another Tough Mudder next year, for sure.  

2 comments:

  1. You are much, much braver than I. Did you do that ice-filled thingy? Nooooooo way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I sure did. It was a balmy 60ish outside, too, with a refreshing light breeze. I only skipped the monkey bars and the 1/4 pipe, because they were at the end and I was just too cold.

      Delete