Saturday, June 8, 2013

Bath time?

I pulled some free-lance maple seedlings from my potted plants this evening, and they still had the seed attached!  So, I geeked out and decided to take pictures of a few of them for me and for mom.

Isn't this cool?!

While I was taking pictures, Sophia was playing with some of her toys in the living room and kitchen.  Then, she gets a bit quiet....too quiet.  So, I look down to see this:

Look mom!!  My very own pool!!

She didn't seem to mind that she was swimming in the cat's water bowl.

Priss, on the other hand, wasn't so sure how she felt about baby butt in her water.

I must admit, my first instinct upon seeing this was to get upset and remove her from the situation.  Then I figured, why not?  What can she hurt?  So, I washed out the water bowl, stripped her from her diaper, and let her go at it.  It was amusing for me, and she had a great time.  All I had to do was use a towel to clean up the floor afterwards.  Lesson: let them have some fun, even if it means making a mess.

Getting back in


Sitting in her "pool"

I wouldn't let her push it onto the wood floor, or near the cabinets, though.  

That was fun!

We have had offers to get a little kiddie pool, but seeing as it would only get used one day of the week, we don't think it would be worth it.  And, let's be honest, I don't even know how often on that one day it would get used once I considered I had to fill it, sunscreen the babe and myself, then dump it so it wouldn't grow weird stuff....(yeah, I'm lazy, sue me).  Good to know she can find acceptable alternatives.  :o)


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this. But maybe instead of a kiddie pool just a tub ;) no sunscreen required lol

    ReplyDelete