Monday, June 10, 2013

Measuring Growth

As much as I hate to admit it, little ones grow.  Sophia is not the tiny newborn she was a year ago, having grown into a toddling one year old, full of personality, opinions, and ideas of her own.  She can express what she does and does not like, sometimes quite humorously.  Something I try to do is record how she's grown, and where she came from.  One day I will look back on tiny footprints and growth charts and remember how she is now, and how she was a year ago, when she is all grown up.  I will always have the day-to-day memories, but remembering size accurately is difficult.  I already have forgotten how little she was, until I look at pictures.

Footprints, at 1 week, 6 months, and 1 year old.  

A super-awesome growth chart mom made her out of a 1"x2"x6' board.  One year is marked already!

Possibly the biggest reminder that she grows: all her clothes she's outgrown (that need to make their way into the attic!)

On the project list for today's rainy day is two Pinterest finds: a hand tracing, to be done on the same paper every year, and a stepping stone with her footprint, again, making a new one every year.  I'll let you know how those turn out.  We may not be able to freeze time, but we can freeze certain parts of it, with memories like this to go with all the pictures we take.

No comments:

Post a Comment