Monday, August 26, 2013

Veggies and races

Sophia likes corn-on-the-cob.  But only if she can hold it herself.  Go figure.  :)  In other food-related development news, she now really likes to eat off a spoon or fork.  As long as said spoon or fork has food coming from your plate, though.  We are currently working on her self-feeding-with-a-spoon skill.  She has the fling-the-food-on-the-spoon-everywhere skill down pat.  

Cooooorn.

Omnomnom

I was bad about taking pictures last week, but I'm also trying to be better about focusing on Sophia when I get my time with her rather than my phone (which doubles as my camera).  So, you'll just have to take my word for it when I say she has done some adorable things, but I didn't get them on camera.  :)  This past weekend, though, Sophia was feeling a bit under the weather, so we got in lots of snuggle time on Friday and Saturday (under the weather = happy baby that wants a little bit of extra snuggles).  Who am I to deny her snuggles?  Luckily she was 100% herself by Sunday, when she got to spend the day with Nana and Poppop (thanks!) while Jordan and I ran a Spartan race.  What is a Spartan race you ask?  Well, this particular one was 8.3 miles up and down and up and down and up and down the slopes and woods and creeks at Wintergreen resort.  Did I mention we went up and down a few cliffs straight up walls slopes?  Throw in a few obstacles, and it was a fun time for the whole family.  Proud moments include: not puking, log-flipping the second heaviest log there better than the guys did, getting over the incline wall all by myself, and finishing.  Unfortunately, yours truly forgot their sunscreen, and is a bit crispy today.  And, per usual, we didn't get a before or after photo this time.  Ces't la vie.

Finisher's medal!



No comments:

Post a Comment