Another yummy recipe! This one originated with Jordan, and then I modified it into what you see here. The idea was to make something that tasted like pizza, was filling and easy like a casserole, and didn't have fifty bajillion calories. As an added bonus, I got to submit this recipe again, so be sure to check out the link at the bottom for the original post!
1 cup mozzarella cheese
12 ounces marinara or pizza sauce
1 tomato, cut into chunks (or get the super-chunky sauce)
Two tubes of crescent roll dough (seamless is best, if you can find it)
1lb ground beef
Garlic powder (garlic salt will work just as well)
1. Brown the beef and drain away the fat. Add in the marinara sauce and tomatoes and stir.
2. Open the first tube of crescent roll dough and line the bottom of a casserole dish with it. If yours has seams, pinch them together.
3. Pour on the beef/tomato/marinara sauce mixture and spread evenly.
4. Spread the cheese evenly over the top.
5. Put the pepperoni on top of the cheese (just like a pizza!).
6. Open the second tube of crescent roll dough and put it on top of everything (again, pinching seams if necessary).
7. Using about a teaspoon-size amount, evenly coat the top with the butter.
8. Add garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste.
9. Bake at 350, 15-20 minutes, or until the top dough is golden brown (cook times may vary with oven).