Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Races!

The past two weekends were race weekends for me (I go by the theory that one should have at least one race a month.  My bank account, on the other hand, isn't so sure).  The first weekend was a double-header, and one of the few times I raced by myself....I normally have a super awesome running buddy with me.  But, he decided to sit this one out and was on Sophia detail instead.  He did say he might do one with me next year, though!

Here is the proof...pink bib from the marathon on Saturday, and the yellow from the half marathon Sunday.  They were both from the North Face Endurance challenge, and were trail runs near DC along the Potomac river.  It was beautiful terrain, and beautiful weather.  I don't think I could have asked for a better first marathon experience.  It was quite painful, and I got some killer blisters to show for it, but I'm already looking forward to next year.

Yes, I am certifiably crazy (I have papers!).  Yes it was totally awesome.  Yes, I finished both races.  Yes, I really want to do it again.  And, yes, I have my eye on longer races already.  For someone who was a self proclaimed non-runner not so long ago, I am damn proud of those races.


The next weekend, we had our second Tough Mudder.  And my buddy was back!  In the intervening week, I had to get my feet in a semi-workable status, and was thankful of my rowing years to look back on.

Finished!

Finished also!

This year was much more enjoyable weather-wise, but I was a bit disappointed in the course...a LOT of backandforthandbackandforth.  Lame.  That being said, my feet were thankful it wasn't up and down a mountain.  

Sophia felt the need to do some recovery work also:

Rolling out those legs

Now, time to rest up for July (a 3 race month!).

No comments:

Post a Comment