Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My first marathon!

Okay, so this aaaaactually happened in June, but whatevs.  I ran a marathon!  And the next day, ran my second half marathon!  It was quite fun, and while the times leave some room for improvement (ahem), I plan on doing the same event this coming April.  It was a trail run, along the Potomac river, so the scenery was amazing, and helped take your mind off your pain.  The food was awesome (who knew soda would taste soooo good after 13 miles?!), the company was great, and I met a new friend!

Marathon day!

Sophia was more interested in drinking my water than in taking pictures

Off to the races!

Ow. Ow. Ow. (all done, here.  Seriously, the closest I've been to crying from pain...feet hurt so. bad.)

New friend and her bitty!

I met Marie at the turn-around, and we stayed together the rest of the race.  The company and talking definitely helped take my mind off my poor, blistered feet.  Remarkably, after taking care of my feet that night and ingesting an obscene amount of food, I wasn't sore otherwise for the half.  My knee was bothering me, so I didn't run as much as I though I would (combine that with my feet....).  But, a fun weekend all in all.  I am grateful to Jordan for making this happen:  he had two days of Sophia duty limited for the most part to a hotel room.  We turned it into a family mini-vacation, and visited an incredible (and up until know, unknown to us) museum as well as touring some of the museums on the Mall.  More about that later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment