Friday, September 18, 2015

Adjusting to big sisterhood

People often ask how Sophia is adjusting to being a big sister, and I always say that she's doing awesome (and, honestly, there wasn't much adjusting that needed to be done...yet).  She adores Chloe, always wants to hold her, give her hugs and kisses, and supervise every diaper change.  If Chloe starts crying, Sophia will run for her pacifier and (enthusiastically) put it in her mouth.  Or retrieve a dropped or favorite toy.  Or bounce her chair.  If anything, we have to remind Sophia not to be TOO loving, since her totally adorable three-year-old loving is a bit much for her still very baby sister sometimes.  But, I wouldn't have it any other way.  We'll have to see if this lasts once Chloe becomes more mobile, and less willing to relinquish toys, but for now, I'm in mom heaven.

I wear Chloe, Sophia wears Spiderman.  Who's cooler?

Sophia has also mimicked many of the things I do with Chloe with her animals.  Simba and Nala are in diapers, currently.  And Spiderman frequently sports one.  Her stuffed pig is a frequent tenant of the bouncy chair, and Chloe has to share her play mat with Spiderman.  Sophia has "breastfed" her baby doll and Simba, and even "used" my pump to fill a bottle.  It is not only adorable, but a reminder that little eyes are often watching everything I am doing.

Sophia loves Chloe

And Chloe adores Sophia

I love them both.

And I just can't explain this one.  She's spunky, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment